Soluble Seaweed Powder (0-0-17) is a concentrated organic fertilizer made from cold water Atlantic kelp providing 60 nutrients and a potassium boost for plant metabolism. This OMRI listed 100% organic plant food also provides vitamins, amino acids and naturally occurring hormones that stimulate plant growth.
This Soluble Seaweed Powder is one of our favorite ingredients for compost tea and is an excellent source of food for both beneficial bacteria and fungi. Sea kelp is an excellent source of organic potassium and helps to increase the availability nitrogen to plants. Soluble kelp is a highly effective natural plant fertilizer and organism food that enhances seed germination, promotes healthy root development, increases disease resistance, and accelerates leaf shoot and stem development.
Soluble Seaweed Extract can; serve as a stand alone organic fertilizer, be added to custom soil blends, used in hydroponic reservoirs, and serve as a food source for microbial growth when brewing compost teas.
Nitrogen (N)................. 0%
Phosphorus (P)............. 0%
Potassium (K2O)........ 17%
- 1 tsp/ gallon of chlorine free water
- 2.50 oz will make 50 gallons of a general purpose fertilizer
Soluble Seaweed Powder is excellent for:
- Soaking seeds or bulbs just prior to planting to improve germination rate, health and vigor in the earliest stages of growth
- Strengthening cuttings, transplants, bare rooted trees and shrubs when used as a root dig before transplanting
- Foliage feeding both indoor and outdoor plants
- Greening up athletic turf, lawns and livestock pastures with spring applications.
Safe to use as often as necessary during the active growing season.
Virginia Tech performed a 10-year study on organic biostimulants finding that five parts of Fulvic Acid combined with two parts of Soluble Kelp Powder worked 50% better than either product alone.