Alfalfa meal is an all purpose organic fertilizer that provides many nutritional benefits for plants and soil. Organic Alfalfa Meal makes a wonderful slow release vegan fertilizer for feeding plants and soils.
Our organic alfalfa meal contains 3 % Nitrogen (N), 2% Phosphorus (P), and 2% Potassium (K). As a soil amendment alfalfa meal also provides a modest amount of Calcium (Ca), Magnesium (Mg), Sulphur (S), Manganese (Mn), Iron (Fe), Copper (Cu), Boron (B), and Zinc (Zn) additional trace minerals. Alfalfa is also a good source of vitamins A and B, Folic acids, sugars, starches, crude proteins, fiber, and 16 amino acids such as tricontanol, a natural fatty-acid growth stimulant. Alfalfa meal is one of our favorite general purpose organic fertilizers.
Alfalfa meal also works great as a compost activator helping to increase the heat of compost heaps and the decomposition of organic matter. This is a result of the high nitrogen to carbon ratio and high protein content of alfalfa meal.
This Alfalfa Meal is a livestock food grade meal.
- Amending Soil:
- 2 - 5 lbs. per 100 square feet or 50 row feet @ 2' wide
- Work alfalfa meal into the top few inches of soil and water thoroughly
- ¼ – ½ cup per 6" planting site
- Existing Plants:
- Apply ½ to 1 cup of Alfalfa Meal as a top dressing and water thoroughly
- For best results brew for 6 - 12 hours with active aeration
- Apply full strength as a root drench
- Diluted 50/50 with water alfalfa tea can be sprayed directly on leaf surfaces as a foliar fertilizer