Bone Meal is a natural source of phosphorus and calcium for organic vegetable, fruit and flower growers. Phosphorus is recognized as a primary nutrient responsible for root development and the production of flowers and fruit. The phosphorus and calcium levels in our organic steamed bone meal are ideal for nourishing root crops such as carrots, potatoes, beets, turnips, etc.
- Bulbs & Tubers:
- 1 tbsp. per bulb / tuber mix into plant site and water in well
- Amending Soil:
- 3 - 6 lbs. per 100 sq. ft.
- Vegetables & Flower beds:
- apply 1/4 to 1/2 cup as a side dressing for established plants and water thoroughly
- Trees & Shrubs:
- 1- 2 cups for each transplant site.
- Mix into the back-fill soil. 1 lb. for every 2" trunk diameter spreading out to the drip line and water-in
- 1 - 2 tbsp. for every gallon of soil.
- Mix 1 - 2 tbsp. into the soil surface around established plants and water-in
- Soil Mixes:
- 3 - 6 lbs. per cu. yard of soil or compost